Buying a diaper bag is not easy. There are so many considerations you need to take into account. Such as, what will you need it for, how do you want to carry it, and -importantly-who will be carrying it, as that will dictate the style of bag you’ll search for.
I don’t know about you, but my partner and I have very different ideas on what constitutes the perfect nappy bag. In fact, our ideas differ so widely, we had to get a second one (a much cheaper one obviously) for himself.
So, whether you are starting out on your quest for the perfect diaper bag for both of you, or whether your partner has now started to refuse to carry your Orla Kiely bag, we have combined our stringent criteria and rounded up the 5 best diaper bags for dads.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Please see my disclosure page for more details.
Roundup: 5 best diaper bags for dads
Our winner is a great lightweight option. If you like being organized, this is the bag for you with plenty of pockets & a safe pocket for all your valuables. Handy for traveling on a plane too, as it includes a laptop pocket.
This is last year’s video, but you get the gist of the bag.
- 16 accessible, well-sized pockets
- two insulated pockets
- waterproof changing mat
- fits a laptop
- the bag is not 100% waterproof (but will cope well in and out of the rain)
- can’t wash the bag in the machine
- no waterproof compartment for wet items, though there is a mesh pocket
- Size: 11.8L x 7.8W x 16.5H inches.
- Secure backside pocket for your valuables.
- 2 Dual zipper main compartments
- 10 elasticized interior pockets (incl. a padded laptop pocket);
- 2 elastic side pockets (will keep your bottles secure).
- Stroller friendly: includes stroller straps.
- Washability: wipe clean.
- Style: a stylish bag that comes in 3 grey tones.
This lightweight bag works well for working dads- with space for a laptop and a waterproof USB port for charging on the go. Easy on the pocket too, so if you’re still looking for a second bag for himself-this could be the one.
- 13 internal & external pocket
- waterproof USB cable port
- power bank pocket
- fits 15-inch laptop
- doesn’t come with power bank
- not the most stylish bag, but there are 5 color options
- no machine wash
- Size:10.6 x7.0 x 16.5 inches.
- 2 waterproof compartments for wet/soiled items or diapers.
- 1 x Zipper secured main pocket
- 1 x Diaper organizer pockets
- 2 x Insulated bottle pocket (to keep your bottles at the right temperature)
- 2 x Elasticized side pockets
- Secure pocket for your valuables
- Stroller friendly: yes, comes with stroller straps
- Washability: wipe clean
- Waterproof material
Large and sturdy bag for the more adventurous dad, who likes to take his charges on hiking trips. Made by veterans who obviously know what they’re doing.
- large diaper changing mat included – 26 x 14 in
- felt-lined top pocket for sunglasses or cell phone
- large size, great for twins/toddlers
- interior padded laptop/tablet (15-16 inch) bladder sleeve
- the bag doesn’t have a frame-making it a bit uncomfortable to carry when not completely full
- baby wipe compartment would be better at the bottom
- more expensive than our other options
- Size: 18 x 11.5 x 7 inch.
- Two large insulated bottle holders on each side of the bag for hot or cold drinks.
- Baby wipe pocket.
- Two exterior mesh side sleeve pockets for small bottles
- Multiple interior organizing pockets in various sizes.
- 3 interior plastic hooks for key chain.
- Stroller friendly: yes, comes with stroller straps.
- 4 hard rubber traction feet on the bottom to prevent abrasion and assist vertical standing.
- The bag comes with a waist belt and sternum strap for heavy loads.
- Washability: no machine wash (will void the warranty).
- Limited lifetime guarantee.
- Waterproof material.
- Stylish: yes, this will appeal to an outdoorsy dad. It comes in 5 color options.
Handy waterproof bag for dads on the go that doesn’t break the bank.
- 24 different compartments ( 20 internal & 4 external pockets
- includes pacifier pocket
- fits a laptop
- 1 large pocket for wet/dirty clothes, diapers
- no changing mat
- no stroller straps
- Size: 11.8 x 7.6 x 15.7 inch
- 3 Insulated pockets for baby bottles.
- 1 zipper tissue pocket.
- 9 internal compartments in the main pockets.
- Handy zip opening at the top.
- 1 insulated cube in the main pockets.
- 2 zipper pockets for valuables.
- Washability: no machine wash.
- Waterproof material.
- Style: stylish bag in a neutral grey.
This bag is a handy option for trendy dads who don’t like backpacks.
- 11 separate pockets
- Back parent pocket with zip to keep personal items safe close to your body
- Free accessory set:
– large changing mat
– insulated wide bottle bag
– phone pocket for attaching to the strap
(fits an iPhone 6 in a case)
- holds a 15-inch laptop
- zipper pocket at the top for easy access
- no stroller straps (the strap is adjustable so you could make the strap shorter and hang it over the stroller handles)
- material is not as sturdy as the HSD bag
- might be a bit big for petite dads
- not the cheapest of our round up
- velcro to hold the flap is not the most effective
- Size: 15.75 x 13.5 x 6.75 inch.
- Large, deep main compartment with four interior elasticated pockets to stay organized.
- 4 x elasticated pockets to store things neatly.
- Elasticated strap on the side to hold your baby bottle upright
- Sturdy shoulder strap adjusts to the height of either parent.
- The shoulder strap at its full extension is 56 inches long.
- Washability: no machine wash, wipe clean only
- Style: a very stylish bag that easily could be used for work or travel.
So there you have it, my round-up of the 5 best diaper bags for dads. If you haven’t found what you’re looking for check out our 10 best diaper bags to buy online in 2020. Happy hunting!